Skip to product information
1 of 1

The Local

Chardonnay Origine - Domaine Tetta

Chardonnay Origine - Domaine Tetta

Regular price $53.00 USD
Regular price Sale price $53.00 USD
Sale Sold out
Shipping calculated at checkout.
let me know when this is available
View full details

95% Chardonnay, with the remaining 5% a blend ofChenin Blanc, Koshu, Sémillon, Auxerrois and Pinot Blanc. From Japan.

Harvested from early to mid-October from 4-12 year-old Chardonnay vines planted on south-west-facing slopes on a limestone karst plateau at 400 meters altitude. The other five varieties, grown on trial in the same vineyard, were also harvested at the same time and vinified together. After destemming, the grapes were soaked in stainless steel tanks on the skins without crushing and macerated for 25 days. During this time, punched down three times a day every eight hours. After a slow and careful pressing with basket press, the wine was matured in French oak barrels for nine and half months before bottling. Released after approximately five months.

Until the 2020 vintage it was made as ‘Chardonnay Macéré’, but from the 2021 vintage it has been changed to ‘Chardonnay Origine’. ‘Origine’ means ‘beginning, origin’ in French. They started making macerated Chardonnay from 2018. The name was changed to reflect the history of winemaking, where even white grapes were soaked with the skins, and the great respect for the ancestors who made them.